Why Have a Website in the First Place?
- Keep parents and community members informed with what is happening in the classroom.
- Set up a "one stop shop" for online games, tools and web resources.
- Highlight students successes
- Share classroom experiences with posted pictures and videos
- Support parents and students with homework resources
- Communicate upcoming events
- And much more!
What Should I include?
- The Weekly News Letter: Post PDF's or, even better, copy and paste text into a blog.
- Pictures: Classroom parties, field trips, everyday events.
- Videos: Share videos of praise and worship, math algorithms, motions for Bible memory, etc.
- Calendars and Schedules: Post your classroom schedules to help parents in their planning.
- Parent Links: Connect to the HCS website or to other sites like hot lunch.
- Student Links: Share links and resources to tools and games that kids will use.
- Contact Information: Provide an easy way for parents to get a hold of you.
avoid the "No one comes to my site" Death Spiral
HCS Classroom Sites
Keep Things Updated! Give them reasons to visit!
Hyper Link! Direct parents to the site from emails and newsletters.
Make it relevant. Talk to parents. Ask them what they find the most valuable. Use the analytics